When your child is experiencing social or behavioral difficulties
at school, the best intervention is the one that is consistent across
settings. To compliment his or her work with me, it is often necessary
and helpful to make sure that those interacting with him or her
at school are using appropriate strategies and techniques that will
result in your child’s successful ability to be independent and
confident in their school environment.
A complete school consultation includes the following:
Parent interview regarding school difficulties and treatment
goals you would like to address.
- Observation of your child at school during their most difficult
time of day, and a transition either into or out of this period
(e.g., recess, circle time, seated work time, etc.).
- Teacher interview to understand their concerns, and the strategies
that have already been tried to help with the presenting difficulties.
This is also an opportunity for me to understand what additional
interventions will be helpful for your child in their specific
- A report reviewing your concerns, the observation, teacher interview,
a comprehensive list of tailored recommendations and a specific
behavioral plan when indicated.
- A team meeting, with myself, parents, and teachers, to review the
report and the specific recommendations.
Other School Services:
- I am available to attend IEPs to help with eligibility, acquisition
of appropriate services, and development of goals or behavior
- I provide training and supervision of 1:1 shadow aides and teachers.